2 person fishing boat, 4 hp, 5 hp outboard, 6 hp outboard, big guy, car top, cartop, fishing kayak, heavy paddler, micro skiff, microskiff, motor boat, portable boat, sailing, shallow water, skiff, tandem, tandem fishing kayak, tandem kayaking, tandem paddling, two person fishing boat, Wavewalk 700
Wavewalk® Boats and Skiffs
The new, highest standard in small craft: A 98 lbs twin-hull super skiff that delivers full-size boat stability and speed, plus paddling capabilities and hassle-free car-top transportation. Read more »
The Wavewalk® 700: The popular, two-angler portable boat that you can launch, drive, paddle and beach everywhere, and easily car-top by yourself.
The W700 is a boat like which the world has never seen before. With a design based on Wavewalk’s patented invention, this boat delivers to you the best of both boating and paddling worlds, and more, with across the board top performance.
Unique, unrivaled stability that redefines small boats
The popular W700 boat is stabler than the classic 500 kayak series, which is the world’s stablest kayak. This unrivaled stability is especially noticeable at heavier loads and higher speed (motorized). Practically speaking, the stability of the W700 is comparable to that of a regular fishing boat –
This video shows what sets the W700 apart from kayaks, and makes it a boat as far as stability is concerned:
Motorizing and Driving
This YouTube video is best viewed in high-quality HD 720p on a wide screen
Driving is easier and more fun with Wavewalk’s joystick steering :
With a load capacity of 580 lbs, the W700 can serve as a boat tender, and for touring:
The W700 passengers ride its 7’8″ long ergonomic saddle, which is similar to the saddles of jet-skis, all-terrain vehicles (ATV) and snowmobiles, and they can stand up anytime. The cockpit has enough room for three average size adult passengers, or two large size ones.
Features, Benefits, and Pricing Info
|SERIES AND MODEL||700 SU||700 Z||700 RIB
|Dealerships & Direct Order||Dealerships & Direct Order||Starting April 2017|
|Total Width (Beam)||31″||31″||31″||38″|
|Total Weight Without Accessories||80 lbs||80 lbs||80 lbs||98 lbs|
|Total Weight Including Accessories||96 lbs||99 lbs||97 lbs||no accessories|
|Hull Width||2 x 9″||2 x 9″||2 x 9″||2 x 13″|
|Total Cockpit Length||L = 7’6″||L = 7’6″ “||L = 7’6″||L = 8′|
|Total Cockpit Width||31″||31″||31″||38″|
|Saddle-Seat Height||14 3/8″||14 3/8″||14 3/8″||15″|
|MDO Saddle Bracket Installed||yes||yes||yes||yes x 2 units|
|Molded-In PE Saddle Brackets||7||7||7||7|
|Clamp mount rod holders||1 pair||1 pair||no||no|
|Built-In Large-Size Flotation||yes||yes||yes||yes|
|Standard Detachable Inflatable
Flotation Tubes, L = 6ft, Diam. = 6″
|1 pair||1 pair||no||no|
|XL Detachable Inflatable
Flotation Tubes, L = 12ft, Diam = 7 3/4″
|Transom motor mount||700 HD||700 HD||700 HD||Prep for mounting plate|
|Transparent spray shield||yes||yes||yes||no|
|Joystick steering system||no||yes||yes||no|
|Max Payload = Passengers + Gear + Motor||580 lbs||580 lbs||580 lbs||680 lbs|
|Paddling||1 paddler (due to tubes)||1 paddler (due to tubes)||limited (due to XL tubes)||2 paddlers (W700 R
|Fishing||1 angler in full comfort||1 angler in full comfort||limited (due to XL tubes)||2 anglers in full comfort|
|Motorizing||offshore||offshore||offshore extended||offshore extended|
|Driving With Electric Trolling Motor||yes||yes||yes||yes (mounting plate required)|
|Driving With A 20″ Long (L) Outboard Gas Motor||yes, max 4.5 hp||yes, max 4.5 hp||yes, max 6 hp||yes, max 6 hp (mounting
- The W700 R model is offered without accessories for $2,178 – see Kayaks Page »
- Motor mounts are shipped non-installed. Installation is easy and takes 5 minutes.
- Spray shields are shipped non-attached. Attaching is easy and takes 30 seconds.
- Inflatable tubes can be easily inflated without a pump. It takes seconds to attach a tube to the boat.
The 700 RIB model is not practical for angling or paddling. This model is designed to serve as an offshore work, diving and rescue boat, and as a tender and lifeboat for big boats.
Our kayak prices include free shipping to continental US addresses (48 states). We ship each kayak in a custom cardboard box. All our shipments are insured and include call before delivery.)
HOW TO ORDER A WAVEWALK® BOAT?
Simply, send us an email telling us which model, color and accessories you’re ordering, and we’ll process your order immediately, without waiting for your check to arrive and clear. By the time we receive your check, your order will be either ready for shipping or close to being completed. In your order please include your full name, the address where you want us to ship the boat, and a telephone number for the carriers to call to set the appointment for delivery.
Please make your check payable to Wavewalk, Inc.
Our address: Wavewalk, Inc., 6 Juniper Road, Sharon, MA 02067
Call us 774 315-6009
Our kayak and boat prices include free shipping to continental US addresses (48 states). We ship each kayak in a custom cardboard box. All our shipments are insured and include call before delivery.
Locate Dealers » Wavewalk® boats are available at our authorized local dealerships.
Total Length: 154″ 12’10” (391 cm)
Total Width: 31″ (79 cm)
Total Height: 17″
Total Weight: 80 lbs (36 kg) without accessories
Cockpit Length 91″ 7’7″ (231 cm)
Hull Width: 9″ (23 cm) x 2 hulls
Hull Height Below The Saddle: 9″ (23 cm)
Hull Tip Length From Cockpit To End: 30″ 2’6″ (76 cm)
Total Saddle Height: 15″ up from the bottom of the hulls
Total Saddle Length: 90″ (228 cm)
Total Volume: 24 gallons (3 cubic ft / 90 liters) for the closed-wall part
Total Positive Buoyancy: (Net Flotation Capacity) 180 lbs (81 kg)
W700 Carrying Capacity (Payload) and Draft
The average US adult male weighs 200 lbs, and the average US adult female weighs 165 lbs. This means that with a maximal recommended payload of 580 lbs, a W700 boat can carry two big guys and their fishing gear, plus a motor. Alternatively, it can carry 3 average-size adult paddlers (male and female) together with their fishing and camping gear.
- Max Recommended Load: 580 lbs (263 kg)
- Draft: 8″ at 580 lbs load (20 cm at 263 kg load)
- Draft: 2.5″ at 200 lbs load
SHALLOWEST DRAFT IN REAL-WORLD TERMS
The W700 is the only shallow-draft fishing boat (skiff) that offers its crew to paddle easily, effectively and comfortably in water that’s too shallow for an outboard motor’s propeller to work. Poling over long distances is not an option for most people, which is why the W700’s full paddling alternative to motorizing makes it the most practical boat for fishing in shallow water, as well as in places where aquatic vegetation and underwater structures limit the use of a motor. The full-fledged paddling option also makes it possible to launch and beach the W700 practically anywhere.
W700 Internal Storage
Total internal volume for storage and passengers: 20.5 cubic ft (153 gallons, 580 liters). This volume does not include the space inside of the watertight Saddle, which should not be used for storage, since it is designated to serve as flotation.
The W700 saddle is a large-volume watertight compartment that provides 180 lbs (81 kg) of positive buoyancy, which works as flotation in case of capsize. Therefore, models from this new series are offered without foam flotation modules.
The W700 Sport Utility (SU) and W700 Z models come with a pair of inflatable detachable flotation modules- standard. This increases the amount of flotation by 146 lbs of positive buoyancy (Total 326 lbs of positive buoyancy)
The W700 RIB model comes with a pair of XL inflatable detachable flotation modules- standard. This increases the amount of flotation by 400 lbs of positive buoyancy (Total 580 lbs of positive buoyancy)
Paddling mode: Compared to the 500 series, the W700 is considerably faster when powered by a tandem crew or a strong paddler, and noticeably faster for an average solo paddler.
Motorized: The W700 is much faster than the W500, for which the speed record is 13 mph. This is due mainly to the fact that the W700’s increased stability makes it easier to drive at high speed.
W700 Construction – How It’s Built
This product is assembled from two parts molded separately –
- The Saddle, which is closed from all directions and watertight. These attributes makes it effective as flotation for the boat.
- The Twinhull, which includes the two hulls, the Spray Deflector that goes around the cockpit, and a base for the Saddle part that’s dubbed the Central Platform.
The Twinhull is protected by seven molded-in plastic brackets integrated with the Saddle, plus one MDO (wood and polymer resin composite) heavy duty bracket installed behind the saddle, in a special compartment. This 3D animation video shows how the W700’s Twinhull and Saddle parts are assembled:
The saddle part is watertight, and serves as flotation. It features seven integrated (molded-in) plastic brackets (see above video) which keep the boat rigid.
Heavy Duty (HD) wooden saddle bracket at the saddle’s rear
The above video doesn’t show the MDO (composite of wood and polymer resin) bracket installed behind the saddle, in a special compartment.
This additional bracket reinforces the boat’s structure in the area where the load created by the combined weight of a heavy passenger and a heavy outboard motor requires it.
W700 Country of Origin:
W700 Color Options
Since this product line is assembled from two separately molded parts, it can feature two colors. The color combinations we offer are –
Twinhull: Yellow, Saddle: Orange
Twinhull: White, Saddle: White
Twinhull: Green, Saddle: Sand
Twinhull: Sand, Saddle: Green
Series 4 Colors
|White||Light Gray||Mud Brown|
Wavewalk® Boating Accessories
- Wavewalk® PSP R (9′ long) Price: $186
- Wavewalk® PSP L (9’8″ long) Price: $224
We don’t ship Wavewalk® paddles separately from Wavewalk® kayaks and boats, since any item that’s over 8 ft long requires shipping by freight truck.
Our composite paddles are extra rigid and durable, so that you can use them for launching and beaching in difficult spots, for stand up paddling, and even for poling in shallow water.
We don’t ship Wavewalk® paddles separately from Wavewalk® kayaks and boats.
Learn more about the Wavewalk® paddles »
Tube Length: 6ft, Tube Diameter: 6″
If outfitted with a second pair of inflatable flotation modules (total of 4 tubes), the W700 F and W700 SU function as a full-fledged Rigid-Inflatable Boat (RIB), and as such it works best for high speed motorizing and rough waters, offshore work, and diving, and it can still be effectively rowed if outfitted with rowing oarlocks. However, due to the extra width added by the inflatable tubes, this model is no longer easy to paddle. Note that it is advisable to detach the front pair of inflatable flotation tubes in case you want to use this model for angling.
Tube Length: 12 ft, Tube Diameter: 7 1/4″
Note: The W700 RIB already comes with a pair of XL tubes, and the W700 SU and W700 Z models come with a pair of Standard tubes. Note: Outfitting a W700 with XL inflatable tubes restricts its performance in paddling applications, and it can be problematic for angling.
If you’re looking to drive your W700 F or W700 SU in optimal comfort, and have more fun driving over long distances, the plug-and-play Joystick Steering System is what you need. Learn more »
W700 Transportation and Carrying
Car topping a W700 is easy and quick, even for one person –
Carrying a W700 can be as easy as dragging it on the ground:
Wavewalk Boats – Users and Applications
- Big guys. These users can enjoy increased stability, a roomier cockpit, and a slightly higher saddle. The Wavewalk 700 is better for big and heavy guys than the 500 series. Recommended models: 700 R (kayak), 700 SU, 700 Z – depending on the application. Read review »
- Tandem paddlers. Typically, a middle aged or elderly couple looking to paddle together in a stable, comfortable, dry, and easy to paddle craft that they could car-top without problems. The W700 is the Best of Breed compared to both canoes and tandem kayaks. With two average size paddlers on board, the new model can accommodate a third paddler, or large-size dog. Recommended model: 700 R (kayak)
- Tandem anglers. Typically, two big guys who fish out of a small microskiff, motorized dinghy, jon boat, large-size canoe, and other, heavier craft that require a trailer for transportation. Recommended models: 700 R, 700 SU, S4 – depending on propulsion (paddle or motor), and type of water (e.g. flat water, bays, offshore).
- Hunters. There is enough room on board a W700 for a large-size hunter, plenty of gear, a motor, and a large-size dog. Recommended models: 700 R – depending on propulsion (paddle or motor).
- Tandem hunters. Typically, duck and other waterfowl hunters, and their gear. Recommended models: 700 R, S4.
- Families. The W700 is suitable for a couple paddling together with two young children. Recommended models: 700 R, S4 – depending on main propulsion (paddle or motor).
- Boaters. The 700 and S4 are perfect tenders for a big boat or a yacht – as a paddle craft or rowing craft (“dinghy”), and motorized. Recommended models: 700 R, 700 SU, 700 Z, 700 RIB, S4 – depending on propulsion (paddle or motor). Watch movie »
- Kayak anglers. The only drawback the 700 has compared to the 500 series is its 20 lbs of additional weight. As far as everything else, it is a perfect car-top boat, while being lighter and much more stable than any high-end fishing kayak out there. Recommended models: 700 R (kayak), 700 SU, 700 Z, S4 – depending on propulsion (paddle or motor) and type of water (e.g. flat water, bays, offshore). Watch movies »
- Flats fishermen. Typically, these anglers fish out of a Jon boat, a microskiff or skiff, which is a name given to a broad range of small, shallow-draft, stable motorboats that are too heavy to car-top, and can’t be paddled. As a microskiff, the 700 is easy to car top even for one person, and unrivaled as a mobile and stable paddle craft. Recommended model: 700 R, S4, depending on the number of anglers on board. More microskiff info »
- Offshore fishermen. We offer models that can be outfitted with detachable, large-volume, inflatable tubes on the sides, and the S4. When outfitted with inflatable tubes, the W700 is great for offshore motorizing, and it is as stable as a rigid-inflatable dinghy (a.k.a. “Zodiac” boat), yet lighter and more comfortable for the crew, as well as more mobile. Recommended model: 700 SU (Sport Utility), 700 Z, S4 – depending on propulsion and number of crew.
- Offshore technical crews. People working on offshore scientific, engineering and maintenance projects that typically involve the use of Rigid Hull Inflatable Boats (RHIB) or RIB (Rigid-Inflatable Boat). Recommended model: 700 SU (Sport Utility), 700 Z, W700 RIB, S4.
- Catamaran-dinghy sailors. For a 1-2 crew. Recommended model: 700 SU (Sport Utility), 700 Z, W700 RIB and S4.
- Speed, fun and adventure seekers. For a 1-2 crew. Recommended model: 700 SU, 700 Z, W700 RIB, S4.
Wavewalk’s unique plug-in Joystick Steering Kit ». Steering with the joystick makes driving easier and more fun in long trips and in rough water.
W500 or W700?
This is a question that each client would have to answer by themselves.
Most people who fish out of a W500 will tell you it’s the world’s best one-person fishing kayak, and we designed the W700 to be the world’s best two-person fishing kayak and the world’s best car-top fishing boat, and indeed it is both, according to its users »
In quantitative terms, we think that the main factors worth consideration (except dollars) are Weight vs. Load Capacity. The models from the 700 series start at 80 lbs, which is 20 lbs (9 kg) more than the similar models from the 500 series. And while the 700 series offers unrivaled performance across the board compared to other tandem fishing kayaks (including its being lighter than them), 20 lbs can be noticeable weight difference if you don’t really need a bigger Wavewalk® kayak. But if you’re a big guy who wants to fish with a fishing buddy on board, or paddle in tandem with one (or more) paddling partners, you’d better get a W700.
Having said that, at 80 lbs, and with its flat twin hulls, the 700 is still a car top boat, even for one person, and transporting it is easy.
As far as motorizing is concerned, being bigger and stabler, the 700 series models is suitable for more powerful outboards than comparable models from the 500 series. 700 models can go faster, carry more load including passengers, and handle more difficult waters. If these factors are important to you, you should get a 700, and if they aren’t, get a 500. Read more and Watch movie »
In general, we’ve decided to offer all W500 models in the Kayak Section , together with the W700 R, while we offer all other W700 models under in this Boats Section. The difference being that while W500 and W700 R models work very well with motors, their main mode of propulsion is paddling.
Wavewalk® 700 Microskiff vs Other Skiffs
The W700 is an ultralight microskiff that you can car top easily and quickly, even if you have to do it by yourself, without help. It offers full tandem fishing capabilities when motorized, paddled or poled, as well as offshore capabilities. There is no other microskiff, dinghy, tandem fishing kayak or other small craft on the market that offers a similar combination of advantages, except the new Series 4 from Wavewalk »
Comfort wise, the 700 offers you to spend an entire day on the water without getting back to shore – as you’d expect from a full size fishing boat, and as a bonus, you stay dry.
The front and rear ends of the W700 cockpit’s spray deflector are designed in a way that allows for a transom motor mount to fit tightly, with no gap. This feature makes it even easier and more convenient to access an outboard motor’s controls, as well as to steer.
W700 or S4?
- W700 advantages over the S4: Solo kayaking, solo fishing, solo canoeing, tandem kayaking, tandem canoeing, portability.
- S4 advantages over the W700: Motorizing, tandem motorizing, tandem fishing, stability, offshore trips, load capacity.
- Shallow water – The S4 drafts less than the W700, and it features a skiff stand up casting platform, but the W700 paddles better, in general.
- Offshore – Being more of a boat than the W700, the S4 offers a clear advantage when driving in the chop.
Do you feel unsure? Please don’t hesitate to call or email us. We’re always happy to answer questions about our products and the best ways to use them, and offer more details about performance, outfitting, etc.
More reading about the W700
- Choosing an outboard motor for your Wavewalk® 700 skiff »
- Outboard motor propeller shaft length for Wavewalk fishing kayaks and boats »
- 15 miles round trip, offshore, in my Wavewalk 700 skiff »
- Microskiff »
- A better two-person fishing boat »
- A trailer-free fishing boat that you can paddle easily »
- TMM 700 heavy duty transom motor mount »
- Flats boat or bass boat, or something else? »
- Steering motorized fishing kayaks and small boats »
- Boat stability in a kayak »
- Owners reviewing their Wavewalk® 700 »
- Review of my Wavewalk 700 » by the guy who designed this boat and manufactures it