The two-angler car-top skiff that you can easily launch, paddle and beach anywhere by yourself
After two years of research and development, we’re offering a new, additional, bigger Wavewalk® series: The W700 – A boat like which the world has never seen. Based on Wavewalk’s patented invention, this boat delivers to you the best of both boating and paddling worlds with across the board top performance –
Unique stability that redefines what’s possible
The new product is stabler than the 500 series, which until now used to be the world’s stablest kayak. This unrivaled stability is especially noticeable at heavier loads and higher speed (motorized). Practically speaking, the stability of the W700 is comparable to that of a boat:
This video shows what sets the W700 apart from any kayak, and makes it a boat as far as stability is concerned:
This YouTube video is best viewed in high-quality HD 720p on a wide screen
Driving is easier and more fun with Wavewalk’s joystick steering :
With a load capacity of 580 lbs, the W700 can serve as a boat tender, and for touring:
The W700 passengers ride its 7’8″ long ergonomic saddle, which is similar to the saddles of jet-skis, all-terrain vehicles and snowmobiles, and they can stand up anytime. The cockpit has enough room for three average size adult passengers, or two large size ones.
The W700 is now fully available for purchase factory direct and at Wavewalk’s local dealerships. We ship to clients nationwide and internationally.
Total Length: 154″ 12’10” (391 cm)
Total Width: 31″ (79 cm)
Total Height: 17″
Total Weight: 80 lbs (36 kg) without accessories
Cockpit Length 92″ 7’8″ (233 cm)
Hull Width: 9″ (23 cm) x 2 hulls
Hull Height Below The Saddle: 9″ (23 cm)
Hull Tip Length From Cockpit To End: 30″ 2’6″ (76 cm)
Total Saddle Height: 15″ up from the bottom of the hulls
Total Saddle Length: 90″ (228 cm)
Total Volume: 24 gallons (3 cubic ft / 90 liters) for the closed-wall part
Total Positive Buoyancy: (Net Flotation Capacity) 180 lbs (81 kg)
Load and Draft
Max Recommended Load: 580 lbs (263 kg)
Draft: 8″ at 580 lbs load (20 cm at 263 kg load)
Draft: 2.5″ at 200 lbs load
SHALLOWEST DRAFT IN REAL-WORLD TERMS
The W700 is the only shallow-draft fishing boat (skiff) that offers its crew to paddle easily, effectively and comfortably in water that’s too shallow for an outboard motor’s propeller to work. Poling over long distances is not an option for most people, which is why the W700’s full paddling alternative to motorizing makes it the most practical boat for fishing in shallow water, as well as in places where aquatic vegetation and underwater structures limit the use of a motor. The full-fledged paddling option also makes it possible to launch and beach the W700 practically anywhere.
Total internal volume for storage and passengers: 20.5 cubic ft (153 gallons, 580 liters)
This volume does not include the inside of the Saddle, which is watertight and should not be used for storage, since it is designated to serve as flotation.
The W700 saddle is a large-volume watertight compartment that provides 180 lbs (81 kg) of positive buoyancy, which works as flotation in case of capsize. Therefore, models from this new series are offered without foam flotation modules.
The W700 Sport Utility (SU) model for offshore motorized fishing, boating and work comes with a pair of inflatable detachable flotation modules- standard.
The average US adult male weighs 200 lbs, and the average US adult female weighs 165 lbs. This means that with a maximal recommended load of 580 lbs, the W700 boat can carry two big guys and their fishing gear, plus a motor. Alternatively, it can carry 3 average-size adult paddlers (male and female) together with their fishing and camping gear.
Built: This product is assembled from two parts molded separately –
- The Saddle, which is closed from all directions and watertight. These attributes makes it effective as flotation for the boat.
- The Twinhull which includes the two hulls, the Spray Deflector that goes around the cockpit, and a base for the Saddle part that’s dubbed the Central Platform.
The Twinhull is protected by seven molded-in plastic brackets integrated with the Saddle, plus one MDO (wood and polymer resin composite) heavy duty bracket installed behind the saddle, in a special compartment.
Our W kayaks are made from 100% recyclable materials
The Wavewalk® 700 – How is it made?
This 3D animation video shows how the W700’s Twinhull and Saddle parts are assembled:
The saddle part is watertight, and serves as flotation. It features seven integrated (molded-in) plastic brackets (see above video) which keep the boat rigid.
Heavy Duty (HD) wooden saddle bracket at the saddle’s rear
The above video doesn’t show the MDO (composite of wood and polymer resin) bracket installed behind the saddle, in a special compartment.
This additional bracket reinforces the boat’s structure in the area where the load created by the combined weight of a heavy passenger and a heavy outboard motor requires it.
Country of Origin:
Outfitting: The new product is outfitted similarly to the W500 product line, except we won’t offer it with foam flotation, which has become redundant due to the buoyancy of the W700 Saddle in its secondary role of flotation.
Since this product line is assembled from two separately molded parts, it can feature two colors. The color combinations we offer are –
Twinhull: Yellow, Saddle: Orange
Twinhull: White, Saddle: White
Typical uses: Flats Fishing Boat, Microskiff, Small Motorboat, Boat Tender, Tandem Touring
Twinhull: Green, Saddle: Sand
Twnihull: Sand, Saddle: Green
Paddling mode: Compared to the 500 series, the W700 is considerably faster when powered by a tandem crew or a strong paddler, and noticeably faster for an average solo paddler.
Motorized: The W700 is much faster than the W500, for which the speed record is 13 mph. This is due mainly to the fact that the W700’s increased stability makes it easier to drive at high speed.
Models and Pricing
700 R – Roaming
This is the base model in the 700 series. It is offered in all 4 color options. It is easy to upgrade it by adding accessories such as rod holders, a spray shield, motor mount etc.
700 F – Fishing
This model features a preparation for cockpit cover. It ships with a pair of Tite-Lok clamp mount rod holders, a detachable spray shield, and a TMM 700 HD (Heavy Duty) motor mount for outboards up to 3.5 HP*
*If outfitted with an outboard motor that’s more powerful than 3.5 HP, the W700 could go at speeds that may be too high for an average driver to handle. In such case, we recommend outfitting the rear end of the W700 with a pair of large-volume, inflatable flotation modules.
700 SU – Sport Utility
This model features attachment tie-downs for 2 pairs (4 units) of side flotation, and a preparation for cockpit cover. It ships with 1 pair (2 units) of inflatable, detachable side flotation tubes**, one pair of of Tite-Lok clamp mount rod holders, a detachable spray shield, and a TMM 700 HD (heavy duty) motor mount for outboards up to 3.5 HP.
700 ES – Enhanced Steering
This model ships with Wavewalk’s plug-in Joystick Steering System that makes steering easier and more fun than steering with a tiller extension. It features attachment tie-downs for 2 pairs (4 units) of side flotation, and a preparation for cockpit cover. It ships with one pair of Tite-Lok clamp mount rod holders, a detachable spray shield, and a TMM 700 HD (heavy duty) motor mount for outboards up to 3.5 HP.
700 Z – Full Configuration
This model incorporates everything that the 700 series has to offer. This includes Wavewalk’s plug-in Joystick Steering System that makes steering easier and more fun than steering with a tiller extension. The 700 Z model comes with 1 pair (2 units) of inflatable, detachable side flotation tubes**, and a preparation for cockpit cover. It ships with one pair of Tite-Lok clamp mount rod holders, a detachable spray shield, and a TMM 700 HD (heavy duty) motor mount for outboards up to 3.5 HP.
** Additional pair of large-volume, detachable, inflatable side flotation modules: $228.
If outfitted with a second pair of inflatable flotation modules (total of 4 tubes), the W700 functions as a full-fledged Rigid-Inflatable Boat (RIB), and as such it works best for high speed motorizing and rough waters, offshore work, and diving, and it can still be effectively rowed if outfitted with rowing oarlocks. However, due to the extra width added by the inflatable tubes, this model is no longer easy to paddle. Note that it is advisable to detach the front pair of inflatable flotation tubes in case you want to use this model for angling.
700 Series Potential Likely Users
- Big guys. These users can enjoy increased stability, a roomier cockpit, and a slightly higher saddle. The new Wavewalk 700 is unrivaled, even compared to the 500 series. Recommended models: 700 R, 700 F, 700 SU, 700 Z – depending on the application. Read review »
- Tandem paddlers. Typically, a middle aged or elderly couple looking to paddle together in a stable, comfortable, dry, and easy to paddle craft that they could car-top without problems. The new Wavewalk is the Best of Breed compared to canoes and tandem kayaks. With two average size paddlers on board, the new model can accommodate a third paddler, or large-size dog. Recommended model: 700 R
- Tandem anglers. Typically, two big guys who fish out of a small microskiff, motorized dinghy, jon boat, large-size canoe, and other, heavier craft that require a trailer for transportation. Recommended models: 700 R, 700 F, 700 SU – depending on propulsion (paddle or motor), and type of water (e.g. flat water, bays, offshore).
- Hunters. Now there is enough room on board for a large-size hunter, plenty of gear, a motor, and a large-size dog. Recommended models: 700 R, 700 F – depending on propulsion (paddle or motor).
- Tandem hunters. Typically, duck and other waterfowl hunters, and their gear. Recommended models: 700 R, 700 F – depending on propulsion (paddle or motor).
- Families. This new craft is suitable for a couple paddling together with two young children. Recommended models: 700 R, 700 F, – depending on propulsion (paddle or motor).
- Boaters. The new Wavewalk is a perfect tender for a big boat – as a paddle craft or rowing craft (“dinghy”), and motorized. Recommended models: 700 R, 700 F, 700 SU, 700 ES, 700 Z – depending on propulsion (paddle or motor). Watch movie »
- Kayak anglers. The only drawback the new product has compared to the 500 series is its 20 lbs of additional weight. As far as everything else, it is a perfect car-top boat, while being lighter and much more stable than any high-end fishing kayak out there. Recommended models: 700 R, 700 F, 700 ES, 700 SU, 700 Z – depending on propulsion (paddle or motor) and type of water (e.g. flat water, bays, offshore). Watch movies »
- Flats fishermen. Typically, these anglers fish out of a microskiff, which is a name given to a broad range of small, shallow-draft, stable motorboats that are too heavy to car-top, and can’t be paddled. As a microskiff, the new Wavewalk is easy to car top even for one person, and unrivaled as a mobile and stable paddle craft. Recommended model: 700 F. More microskiff info »
- Offshore fishermen. We offer models that could be outfitted with detachable, large-volume, inflatable tubes on the sides. This configuration for motorized offshore is as stable as an inflatable rigid-inflatable dinghy (a.k.a. “Zodiac” boat), yet lighter and more comfortable for the crew, as well as more mobile. Recommended model: 700 SU (Sport Utility), 700 Z
- Offshore technical crews. People working on offshore scientific, engineering and maintenance projects that typically involve the use of Rigid Hull Inflatable Boats (RHIB) or RIB (Rigid-Inflatable Boat). Recommended model: 700 SU (Sport Utility), 700 Z
- Catamaran-dinghy sailors. For a 1-2 crew. Recommended model: 700 SU (Sport Utility), 700 Z
- Speed, fun and adventure seekers. For a 1-2 crew. Recommended model: 700 ES (Enhanced Steering), 700 SU, 700 Z that ships with Wavewalk’s unique plug-in Joystick Steering Kit » Steering with the joystick makes driving easier and more fun in long trips and in rough water.
The new product is available for factory-direct purchasing.
The new product is available at our authorized local dealerships.
500 or 700?
This is a question that each client would have to answer by themselves.
Most people who fish out of a W500 will tell you it’s the world’s best one-person fishing kayak, and we designed the W700 to be the world’s best two-person fishing kayak and the world’s best car-top fishing boat.
In quantitative terms, we think that the main factors worth consideration (except dollars) are Weight vs. Load Capacity. The models from the 700 series start at 80 lbs, which is 20 lbs (9 kg) more than the similar models from the 500 series. And while the 700 series offers unrivaled performance across the board compared to other tandem fishing kayaks (including its being lighter than them), 20 lbs can be noticeable weight difference if you don’t really need a bigger Wavewalk® kayak. But if you’re a big guy who wants to fish with a fishing buddy on board, or paddle in tandem with one (or more) paddling partners, you’d better get a W700.
Having said that, at 80 lbs, and with its flat twin hulls, the 700 is still a car top boat, even for one person, and transporting it is easy.
As far as motorizing is concerned, being bigger and stabler, the 700 series models is suitable for more powerful outboards than comparable models from the 500 series. 700 models can go faster, carry more load including passengers, and handle more difficult waters. If these factors are important to you, you should get a 700, and if they aren’t, get a 500. Read more and Watch movie »
Wavewalk® 700 Microskiff vs other Microskiff
The W700 is the only microskiff that you can car top easily and quickly, even if you have to do it by yourself, without help. It offers full tandem fishing capabilities when motorized, paddled or poled, as well as offshore capabilities. There is no other microskiff, dinghy, tandem fishing kayak or other small craft on the market that offers such a combination.
Comfort wise, the 700 offers you to spend an entire day on the water without getting back to shore – as you’d expect from a full size fishing boat, and as a bonus, you stay dry.
The front and rear ends of the W700 cockpit’s spray deflector are designed in a way that allows for a transom motor mount to fit tightly, with no gap. This feature makes it even easier and more convenient to access an outboard motor’s controls, as well as to steer.
Do you feel unsure? Please don’t hesitate to call or email us. We’re always happy to answer questions about our products and the best ways to use them, and offer more details about performance, outfitting, etc.
Reusing accessories from the 500 and 570 series on a boat from the 700 series
If you already own a Wavewalk® kayak from the 500 or 570 series, you can use accessories such as the Spray Shield, Inflatable Flotation Modules, Tite-Lok Clamp mount rod holders and a couple of transom motor mount models on a boats from the new 700 Series.
More reading about the W700
- Microskiff »
- A better two-person fishing boat »
- A trailer-free fishing boat that you can paddle easily »
- TMM 700 heavy duty transom motor mount »
- Flats boat or bass boat, or something else? »
- Steering motorized fishing kayaks and small boats »
- Boat stability in a kayak »
- Owners reviewing their Wavewalk® 700 »
- Review of my Wavewalk 700 » by the guy who designed this boat and manufactures it