The Wavewalk® 700
The super stable solo and tandem fishing kayak that you can launch, drive, paddle and beach anywhere, and easily cartop by yourself
The W700 is a portable boat and kayak like which the world has never seen before.
With a design based on Wavewalk’s patented invention, the W700 delivers to you the best of both boating and paddling worlds, and more, with across the board top performance.
Super stability, unmatched by any kayak of any size, except the S4
Only one kayak in the world is stabler than the W700, and it’s the S4. The popular W700 is even stabler than the classic 500 kayak series. This stability, eclipsed only by the S4, is especially noticeable at heavier loads and higher speed (motorized). Practically speaking, the stability of the W700 is comparable to that of a regular small fishing boat –
This video shows what sets the W700 apart from kayaks, and makes it a boat as far as stability is concerned:
Motorizing and Driving
This YouTube video is best viewed in high-quality HD 720p on a wide screen
With a load capacity of 500 lbs, the W700 can serve as a boat tender, and for touring:
The W700 passengers ride its 7’8″ long ergonomic saddle, which is similar to the saddles of jet-skis, all-terrain vehicles (ATV) and snowmobiles, and they can stand up anytime. The cockpit has enough room for three average size adult passengers, or two large size ones.
Summary of W700 Features, Benefits, and Pricing Info
|Price (factory direct order)||$2,000 + shipping (see rates below)|
|Total Width (Beam)||31″|
|Total Weight Without Accessories||80 lbs|
|Hull Width||2 x 9″|
|Total Cockpit Length||L = 7’6″|
|Total Cockpit Width||W = 31″|
|Saddle-Seat Height||14 3/8″|
|MDO Saddle Bracket Installed||yes, 1 unit|
|Molded-In Polyethylene Saddle Brackets||yes, 7 units|
|Tite-Lok Clamp mount rod holders||no. order item separately|
|Built-In Large-Size Saddle Flotation||yes|
|Transom Motor Mount (TMM)||no. order TMM 700 HD Motor Mount separately|
|Max Payload (Passengers + Gear + Motor)||500 lbs|
|Paddling||2 adult paddlers in full comfort + child|
|Fishing||2 adult anglers in full comfort + outboard motor|
|Motorizing||bays and estuaries, mild chop|
|Driving With Electric Trolling Motor||yes, requires a motor mount|
|Driving With 20″ Long (L) Outboard Gas Motor||yes, max 4 hp with TMM 700 HD motor mount|
|Driving With 15″ Short (S) Outboard Gas Motor||no|
- Motor mounts and mounting plates are shipped non-installed. Installation is easy and takes 5 minutes.
If you’re looking for even more stability, seaworthiness and load capacity? – Checkout the Wavewalk® S4 »
The S4 is the highest standard in small craft: A 98 lbs twin-hull super skiff that delivers full-size boat stability, speed and seaworthiness, plus great paddling capabilities and hassle-free car-top transportation. Read more »
|REGION / DIVISION||STATES INCLUDED||W700|
|South Atlantic||FL, GA, SC, NC, VA, WV, DC, MD, DE||$200|
|Middle Atlantic||PA, NY, NJ||$250|
|New England||CT, RI, MA, VT, NH, ME||$300|
|East South Central||MS, AL, TN, KY||$200|
|West South Central||TX, LA, OK, AR||$350|
|East North Central||IL, IN, OH, WI, MI||$300|
|West North Central||KS, MO, NE, IA, SD, ND, MN||$400|
|Mountain||AZ, NM, NV, UT, CO, ID, WY, MT||$500|
|Pacific||WA, OR, CA||$550|
|CANADIAN METROPOLITAN AREA||W700|
Factory pickup – Our kayaks are manufactured in Latta, South Carolina. Clients can pickup their order at the factory, and avoid paying a shipping fee. Please contact us for details.
We ship each kayak in a custom cardboard box. All our shipments are insured and include call before delivery.
HOW TO ORDER A WAVEWALK®?
Simply, send us an email to email@example.com and tell us which model, color and accessories you’re ordering, and we’ll process your order immediately, without waiting for your check to arrive and clear. By the time we receive your check, your order will be either ready for shipping or close to being completed. In your order please include your full name, the address where you want us to ship the boat, and a telephone number for the carriers to call to set the appointment for delivery.
Please make your check payable to Wavewalk, Inc.
Our address: Wavewalk, Inc., 115 Terrace Avenue, RI 02915
Call us 774 315-6009
Wavewalk® boats are available at our authorized local dealerships. Locate Dealers »
W700 FULL TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
Total Length: 154″ 12’10” (391 cm)
Total Width: 31″ (79 cm)
Total Height: 17″
Total Weight: 80 lbs (36 kg) without accessories
Cockpit Length 91″ 7’7″ (231 cm)
Hull Width: 9″ (23 cm) x 2 hulls
Hull Height Below The Saddle: 9″ (23 cm)
Hull Tip Length From Cockpit To End: 30″ 2’6″ (76 cm)
Total Saddle Height: 14.375″ up from the bottom of the hulls (38 cm)
Total Saddle Length: 90″ (228 cm)
Total Saddle Volume: 24 gallons (3 cubic ft / 90 liters) for the closed-wall part
Total Positive Buoyancy: (Net Flotation Capacity) 180 lbs (81 kg)
W700 Carrying Capacity (Payload) and Draft
The average US adult male weighs 200 lbs, and the average US adult female weighs 165 lbs. This means that with a maximal recommended payload of 500 lbs, a W700 boat can carry two big guys and their fishing gear, plus a motor. Alternatively, it can carry 3 average-size adult paddlers (male and female) together with their fishing and camping gear.
- Max Recommended Load: 500 lbs (227 kg)
- Draft: 7.25″ at 500 lbs load (18.5 cm at 227 kg load)
- Draft: 2.5″ at 200 lbs load
SHALLOW DRAFT IN REAL-WORLD TERMS
The W700 offers its crew to paddle easily, effectively and comfortably in water that’s too shallow for an outboard motor’s propeller to work in. Poling over long distances is not an option for most people, which is why the W700’s full paddling alternative to motorizing makes it the most practical boat for fishing in shallow water, as well as in places where aquatic vegetation and underwater structures limit the use of a motor. The full-fledged paddling option also makes it possible to launch and beach the W700 practically anywhere.
W700 Internal Storage
Total internal volume for storage and passengers is extremely large: 20.5 cubic ft (153 gallons, 580 liters). This volume does not include the space inside of the watertight Saddle, which should not be used for storage, since it is designated to serve as flotation. Practically, the W700 offers as much on-board storage space as a medium size Jon boat does.
The W700 saddle is a large-volume watertight compartment that provides 180 lbs (81 kg) of positive buoyancy, which works as flotation in case of capsize.
Paddling mode: Compared to the 500 series, the W700 is considerably faster when powered by a tandem crew or a strong paddler, and noticeably faster for an average solo paddler.
Motorized: The W700 is much faster than the W500, for which the speed record is 13 mph with a 6 HP outboard. This is due mainly to the fact that the W700’s increased stability makes it easier to drive at high speed.
W700 Construction – How It’s Built
This product is assembled from two parts molded separately –
- The Saddle, which is closed from all directions and watertight. These attributes makes it effective as flotation for the boat.
- The Twinhull, which includes the two hulls, the Spray Deflector that goes around the cockpit, and a base for the Saddle part that’s dubbed the Central Platform.
The Twinhull is protected by seven molded-in plastic brackets integrated with the Saddle, plus one MDO (wood and polymer resin composite) heavy duty bracket installed behind the saddle, in a special compartment. This 3D animation video shows how the W700’s Twinhull and Saddle parts are assembled:
The saddle part is watertight, and serves as flotation. It features seven integrated (molded-in) plastic brackets (see above video) which keep the boat rigid.
Heavy Duty (HD) wooden saddle bracket at the saddle’s rear
The above video doesn’t show the MDO (composite of wood and polymer resin) bracket installed behind the saddle, in a special compartment.
This additional bracket reinforces the boat’s structure in the area where the load created by the combined weight of a heavy passenger and a heavy outboard motor requires it.
W700 Country of Origin:
W700 Colors / 2020:
- Gator Green
Wavewalk® 700 Accessories
We do not ship Wavewalk® accessories separately from Wavewalk® kayaks and boats.
TMM 700 HD Heavy Duty Transom Motor Mount » Price: $190
- Wavewalk® PSP R (9′ long) Price: $190
- Wavewalk® PSP L (9’8″ long) Price: $230
Our composite paddles are extra rigid and durable, so that you can use them for launching and beaching in difficult spots, for stand up paddling, and even for poling in shallow water.
We do not ship Wavewalk® paddles separately from Wavewalk® kayaks and boats.
Learn more about the Wavewalk® paddles »
W700 Transportation and Carrying
Car topping a W700 is easy and quick, even for one person –
Carrying a W700 can be as easy as dragging it on the ground:
Note: We ship the W700 without Nylon eyelets (tie-downs), flotation tubes, and spray shield seen in this video. The motor mount is optional.
Wavewalk Kayaks / Boats – Users and Applications
- Big guys. These users can enjoy increased stability, a roomier cockpit, and a slightly higher saddle than the W500 saddle. The Wavewalk 700 is better for big and heavy guys than the 500 series. Read review »
- Tandem paddlers. Typically, two paddlers looking to paddle together in a stable, comfortable, dry, and easy to paddle craft that they could car-top without problems. The W700 is a better solution compared to both canoes and tandem kayaks. With two average size paddlers on board, the W700 can accommodate a third paddler, or a large-size dog.
- Tandem anglers. Typically, two big guys who fish out of a microskiff, motorized dinghy, Jon boat, large-size canoe, and other, heavier craft that require a trailer for transportation. Recommended models: W700 or S4, depending on propulsion (paddle or motor), and type of water (e.g. flat water, bays, offshore). The W700 is a perfect tandem fishing kayak that works perfectly with an outboard motor, while the S4 is more of a high-performance motorboat that works well as a tandem kayak.
- Hunters. There is enough room on board a W700 for a large size hunter, plenty of hunting gear including dozens of decoys (see storage video), a motor, and a dog.
- Tandem hunters. Typically, duck hunters and other waterfowl hunters, and their gear. Recommended models: W700, S4. The W700 works perfectly for paddling, and the S4 works perfectly for motorizing, including with a surface drive (mud motor).
- Families. The W700 is suitable for a couple paddling together with two young children, and it can be outfitted with an outboard gas motor up the 4 HP.
- Boaters. The 700 works well as a tender (service boat) for a big boat or a yacht. The S4 works better thanks to its bigger carrying capacity and high seaworthiness, and the fact that you can tow it behind the boat.
- Kayak anglers. The only drawback the 700 has compared to the 500 series is its 20 lbs of additional weight. As far as everything else is concerned, the W700 is lighter and much more stable than any high-end SOT or sit-in fishing kayak out there. The S4 has a bigger load capacity, and it’s more seaworthy. Watch movies »
- Flats fishermen. Typically, these anglers fish out of a Jon boat, a microskiff or a skiff, which is a name given to a broad range of small, shallow-draft, stable motorboats that are too heavy to car-top, and can’t be paddled. As a microskiff, the W700 is easy to car top even for one person, and unrivaled as a mobile and stable paddle craft. More microskiff info »
- Offshore fishermen. The S4 is more seaworthy than the W700.
- Offshore technical crews. People working on offshore scientific, engineering and maintenance projects that typically involve the use of Rigid Hull Inflatable Boats (RHIB) or RIB (Rigid-Inflatable Boat). Recommended model: S4.
- Catamaran-dinghy sailors. For a 1-2 crew. Recommended model: S4.
- Speed, fun, and adventure seekers. For a 1-2 crew. Recommended model: Motorized S4.
W500 or W700?
This is a question that each client would have to answer by themselves.
Most people who fish out of a W500 will tell you it’s the world’s best one-person fishing kayak, and we designed the W700 to be the world’s best two-person fishing kayak. Read W700 reviews »
In quantitative terms, we think that the main factors worth consideration (except dollars) are Weight vs. Load Capacity. The W700 weighs 80 lbs, which is 20 lbs (9 kg) more than the W500. And while W700 offers unrivaled performance across the board compared to SOT and sit-in tandem fishing kayaks (including its being lighter than them), 20 lbs can be noticeable weight difference if you don’t really need a bigger Wavewalk® kayak. But if you’re a big guy who wants to fish with a fishing buddy on board, or paddle in tandem with one (or more) paddling partners, you’d better get a W700.
Having said that, at 80 lbs, and with its flat twin hulls, the 700 is still a car top boat, even for one person, and transporting it is easy.
As far as motorizing is concerned, being bigger and stabler, the 700 series models is suitable for more powerful outboards than comparable models from the 500 series. 700 models can go faster, carry more load including passengers, and handle rougher waters. If these factors are important to you, you should get a 700, and if they aren’t, get a 500. Read more and Watch movie »
Wavewalk® 700 Microskiff vs Other Skiffs
The W700 is an ultralight microskiff that you can car top easily and quickly, even if you have to do it by yourself, without help. It offers full tandem fishing capabilities when motorized, paddled or poled. There is no other microskiff, dinghy, Jon boat or tandem fishing kayak, or any other small craft on the market that offers a similar combination of advantages, except the S4 »
Comfort wise, the 700 offers you to spend an entire day on the water without getting back to shore – as you’d expect from a full size fishing boat, and as a bonus, you stay dry.
The front and rear ends of the W700 cockpit’s spray deflector are designed in a way that allows for a transom motor mount to fit tightly, with no gap. This feature makes it even easier and more convenient to access an outboard motor’s controls, as well as to steer.
W700 or S4?
- W700 advantages over the S4: Solo kayaking, solo canoeing, tandem kayaking, tandem canoeing, portability.
- S4 advantages over the W700: Motorizing, tandem motorizing, tandem fishing, stability, offshore trips, load capacity (big guys, additional passengers, heavy gear).
- Shallow water – The S4 drafts less than the W700, and it features a skiff stand up casting platform, but the W700 paddles better.
- Offshore – The S4 is more seaworthy than the W700.
Do you feel unsure? Please don’t hesitate to call or email us. We’re always happy to answer questions about our products and the best ways to use them, and offer more details about performance, outfitting, etc.
More reading about the W700
- Choosing an outboard motor for your Wavewalk® 700 skiff »
- Outboard motor propeller shaft length for Wavewalk fishing kayaks and boats »
- 15 miles round trip, offshore, in my Wavewalk 700 skiff »
- In the fish – Filling an electric Wavewalk 700 kayak with Blue Catfish » By Captain Larry Jarboe
- Microskiff »
- A better two-person fishing boat »
- A trailer-free fishing boat that you can paddle easily »
- TMM 700 heavy duty transom motor mount »
- Flats boat or bass boat, or something else? »
- Boat stability in a kayak »
- Owners reviewing their Wavewalk® 700 »
- Review of my Wavewalk 700 » by the guy who designed this boat and manufactures it