Wavewalk, Inc Background and Timeline
Wavewalk, Inc. was founded in 2001, in Massachusetts, by Yoav Rosen.
The company develops and manufactures small watercraft, based on its proprietary technology.
Between 2001 and 2004, we engaged in R&D, and in 2004, we began selling our products factory direct, mainly in the US and Canada. Since then, our products have been serving paddlers, anglers, hunters, divers, photographers, boat owners, scientists and engineering companies worldwide.
In 2005, the US Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) granted Wavewalk utility patent number 6871608 for our invention that enables the creation of new types of small, lightweight, multihull (catamaran) kayaks and small boats. We call this technology Micronautics, and we’ve been using it to design portable watercraft that are unrivaled in the comfort and stability they deliver.
In 2018, we moved to Rhode Island, known as The Ocean State.
About Wavewalk kayaks and microskiffs
Wavewalk introduced improvements in paddling, fishing and motorizing by offering the world’s most stable product in the category of personal, small-size boats. Our patented kayaks and portable boats are stabler than the biggest and widest fishing kayaks, as well as canoes and kayaks equipped with outriggers (external stabilizers), and the S4 model delivers more stability in rough water than many bigger boats do.
Wavewalk succeeded in completely eliminating back pain, leg numbness and other physical discomfort commonly experienced by people who paddle sit-in and sit-on-top (SOT) kayaks, and fish from them.
When compared to canoes and other kayaks, Wavewalk twin-hull kayaks and multihull boats offer enhanced speed, control and tracking capabilities, as well as unrivaled mobility and seaworthiness.
The Wavewalk design offers by far more storage space than any other kayak does, as well as better protection from the elements.
Typically, our customers motorize their Wavewalk twin-hull boats and kayaks, and they enjoy the unmatched performance of these watercraft in fresh water as well as in the ocean.
Our Products – OVERVIEW and timeline
- Our first kayak series was the 300 (2004-2010). It included the original version (2004-2007), and the redesigned version (2007-2008).
- We introduced the 500 series in 2009, and it became a classic almost overnight. Anglers who used a W500 considered it to be the world’s best fishing kayak, mostly because it was back pain free, and much stabler than all other fishing kayaks, regardless of their size. We suspended the production of the W500 in 2020, mainly because our clients preferred the w700 series and the S4.
- In August of 2015, we introduced the 700 series that offers a level of stability that allows for two anglers to fish out of it as well as motorize it easily and effectively. The 700 is unsurpassed as a paddle craft, both for tandem and solo applications, in both kayaking and canoeing styles.
- May 2017 – We launched our newest Series 4 (S4) of ultralight, portable, cartop mictoskiffs that work great as paddle craft, ans since then the S4 microskiff has been unrivaled by vessels its size and bigger ones, for its comfort, stability, seaworthiness, carrying capacity, and large onboard storage.
- July 2018 – Wavewalk moved its office from Massachusetts to a beachfront location in Rhode Island, a.k.a. the Ocean State.
- 2019 – Wavewalk moved its production to Latta, South Carolina.
- 2020 – Wavewalk suspended and later discontinued the production of the W500, and clients who are interested in it now order boats from the better W700 series, or go further and order an S4 microskiff.
- 2021 – Wavewalk introduces the W720 Model, a kayak-skiff from the W700 series that features an integrated motor mount for outboard motors up to 3 HP.
Our company is dedicated to creating the world’s best twinhull kayaks for paddling and fishing, and the world’s best portable multihull boats. We support our clients in a broad range of applications and regions.
About our website
In order to provide our customers with as much information as they need about our Wavewalk twin-hulled boats and kayaks, we created a website that features dozens of technical articles, dozens of demo videos, countless full-featured reviews contributed by customers, trip reports, and more. We’ve made great efforts to make this website easier to navigate and use, and for this reason we’ve trimmed over 1,200 pages from it over the past two years.
We’re always happy to provide answers to your questions by phone, text, and email, or through your comments on this blog.
Special thanks to a large group of people who’ve contributed stories, pictures, videos, rigging ideas, fishing tips, criticism, encouragement, and a lot of talent, experience and good will since we started experimenting in new watercraft in 2001, and came out with our first commercial product in 2004.
Call or text us: 774 315-6009
Email us: email@example.com »
115 Terrace Avenue
Riverside, RI 02915
Contact: Yoav Rosen
Address for factory pickups only
Wavewalk c/o Diversified Plastics Inc. (DPI)
1309 Highway 917 West
Latta, SC 29565
Please call us in advance to schedule pickup of your order