Wavewalk, Inc. Background and Timeline
Wavewalk, Inc. was founded in 2001, in Massachusetts, by Yoav Rosen.
The company develops and manufactures small watercraft and related accessories.
In 2004, the company began selling its products factory direct, mainly in the US and Canada, and since then our products have been serving paddlers, anglers, hunters, divers, scientists and engineering companies worldwide.
In 2005, the US Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) granted Wavewalk utility patent number 6871608 for our invention enabling the creation of a new class of small, personal watercraft, or super kayaks called Wavewalk® kayaks, also dubbed W kayaks and boats.
In 2018, we moved to Rhode Island, The Ocean State.
About Wavewalk® kayaks
Wavewalk introduced improvements in paddling, fishing and motorizing by offering the world’s most stable product in the category of personal, small-size boats. Our patented kayaks are stabler than the biggest and widest fishing kayaks, as well as canoes and kayaks equipped for outriggers (external stabilizers).
Wavewalk® kayaks have completely eliminated back pain, leg numbness and other physical discomfort commonly experienced by people who paddle sit-in and sit-on-top (SOT) kayaks, and fish from them.
When compared to canoes and other kayaks, Wavewalk® kayaks offer enhanced speed, control and tracking capabilities, as well as unrivaled mobility.
Wavewalk® kayaks offer by far more storage space than any other kayak, as well as better protection from the elements.
Some of our customers motorize their Wavewalk® kayaks, thus effectively turning them into personal, car-top motorboats that are comfortable and stable, and offer sufficient storage for touring, as well as for long camping and fishing trips, in fresh water as well as in the ocean.
Products – OVERVIEW
- Our first kayak series was the 300 (2004-2010). It included the original version (2004-2007), and the redesigned version (2007-2008). 2004 was also the year in which we introduced our paddles, which we haven’t changed at all since then.
- We introduced the 500 series in 2009, and it became a classic almost overnight. Anglers who use a W500 consider it to be the world’s best fishing kayak, mostly because it is back pain free, and much stabler than all other fishing kayaks, regardless of their size.
- In August of 2015, we introduced the 700 series that offers a level of stability that allows for two anglers to fish out of it as well as motorize as they would in a boat. Needless to say that the 700 is unsurpassed as a paddle craft, both for tandem and solo applications, in both kayaking and canoeing styles.
- May 2017 – We launched our new Series 4 (S4) of kayaks / portable boats / ultralight skiffs / paddle craft, ans since then it has broken the world records for stability, speed, and payload for vessels designated as kayaks. The S4 is the world’s only kayak that competes successfully as a motorboat against portable boats, micro skiffs, skiffs, and Jon boats.
- July 2018 – Wavewalk relocated from Massachusetts to a beachfront location in Rhode Island, a.k.a. the Ocean State.
- 2020 – Wavewalk suspended offering the W500, and we recommend to clients who are interested in it to order a W700 instead.
- In February 2014, the US Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) registered the stylized letter W as our trademark, based on our use of it in commerce since 2009.
- In December of 2015, the US Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) registered the word Wavewalk as our trademark, based on our use of it in commerce since 2007.
- In 2016, the USPTO extended the registration of the Wavewalk trademark to a range of additional products and accessories.
Our company is dedicated to creating the world’s best kayaks for paddling and fishing, and the world’s best portable boats. We support our clients in a broad range of applications and regions. As far as one can judge from our customers’ testimonials, we’ve been successful in that.
About our website
In order to provide our customers with as much information as they need about our Wavewalk® kayaks, we created a website that features dozens of technical articles, dozens of demo movies, hundreds of full-featured kayak reviews contributed by customers, hundreds of trip reports, and more. Currently, our website features 1,800 pages, and it keeps growing…
We’re always happy to provide answers to your questions by phone, text, and email, or through your comments on this blog.
Special thanks to a large group of people who’ve contributed stories, pictures, videos, rigging ideas, fishing tips, criticism, encouragement, and a lot of talent, experience and good will since we started experimenting in new watercraft in 2001, and came out with our first commercial product in 2004.
Call or text us: 774 315-6009
Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org »
115 Terrace Avenue
Riverside, RI 02915
Contact: Yoav Rosen
Address for factory pickups only
Wavewalk c/o Diversified Plastics Inc. (DPI)
1309 Highway 917 West
Latta, SC 29565
Please call in advance to schedule pickup