Model TMM 20 For motors featuring a 20″ long propeller shaft.
Kayak Compatibility: This W Kayak Transom Motor Mount fits W kayaks from the 500 series.
Motor Compatibility: The W Kayak Transom Motor Mount fits electric trolling motors, and outboard gas motors up to 3hp.
Important: We recommend outfitting the motor with a long, articulated tiller extension that enables the driver to steer from the middle of the cockpit and not from its rear.
Important: This model of W Kayak Transom Motor Mount can take only a motor featuring a 20″ long shaft. A motor with a shaft shorter than 20″ would be useless for steering if mounted on it, since its propeller would turn in the space between the W kayak hulls, and not below them.
Material: The W Kayak Transom Motor Mount is crafted from 1″ thick Trex board.
Trex is an environmentally friendly, composite material made from recycled and reclaimed plastic, and reclaimed wood. No trees are cut down for the purpose of making Trex. This material is widely used as decking and railing material since it will not splinter, rot or deteriorate due to harsh weather or insects. Trex resists damage from moisture and sunlight, which makes it a better alternative to wood for this matter. Unlike wood, Trex requires no painting, coating or maintenance.
Dimensions: This W Kayak Transom Motor Mount is 4.25″ high and 22″ wide, and it weighs 6 lbs.
Attachment: This W Kayak Transom Motor Mount is easily attached to the W kayak by means of two bolts. We recommend attaching the W Kayak Transom Motor Mount as close as possible to the cockpit, in order to improve stability, access to the motor, control, and safety.
- Price: $124.
No extra charge when shipped together with a W kayak
When shipped separately: $20 S&H in the continental US (48 states)
When shipped separately: $25 S&H to Canada and Alaska
Attaching Instructions For This Motor Mount Model
- Remove the bungee hooks from the cockpit rear
- Place the W Kayak Transom Motor Mount on the deck, in the location where you’re going to attach it, preferably as seen in these images
- Mark the position of the two holes, and remove the mount
- Drill the two holes in the deck with a drill bit whose size is slightly bigger than the bolts’ 5/16 diameter.
- Install the bungee hooks back in their place
- Insert the bolts in the mount’s holes, put the mount in its place, and push the bolts down, into the hulls
- Tighten the nuts with the metal part facing downward, to secure the mount in its place
The kayak’s plastic wall will get slightly squeezed between the mount’s horizontal plate and the nuts.
More about motorizing your W kayak »