Bob Sandeen’s Rigged W300 Fishing Kayak, Arizona

October 8: More rigging projects and great pictures from Bob >>

The boat came on Friday the 18th.

The delivery driver was so curious that we opened the box so he could see the “W”. He said “let’s go fishing”. Who knows he might get one!
W300 fishing kayak rigged with milk crate - Arizona
As you can see I have been rigging the “W” like many of your other customers. I have been out twice so far and it only took me 5 minutes to get my sea legs. But I have not yet tried to stand up and paddle. I’ll wait some before I try that. It has been great fun for me just to have the freedom to pack up and go.
W300 fishing kayak rigged with milk crate - Arizona

I put the “W” in the back of my truck (No picture) and in 10 minutes I’m in the water. I have two lakes just 10 minutes away. I just bought a fish locator and I’m going to “shoot” through the hull with the transducer.
W300 fishing kayak rigged with milk crate in the back - Arizona

I’m going to try using plumbers putty to hold the transducer in place. If that doesn’t work is there a product I can use that would work better. I would prefer something that’s not permanent. Thanks for your help. A happy “W” owner Bob Sandeen

Rigged W300 fishing kayak hanging in garage

W300 fishing kayak rigged with milk crate - Arizona

W300 fishing kayak rigged with milk crate - Arizona

W300 fishing kayak rigged with milk crate - Arizona

9 thoughts on “Bob Sandeen’s Rigged W300 Fishing Kayak, Arizona”

  1. Congrats on the New W300.

    Take your time, you’ll be standing in no time.

    Two Lakes only 10 minutes away, is awesome.

    You did a great job rigging it.

    Good Luck and Safe Paddling

    Rox

  2. Looks just like good pictures of the W300 to me 😀
    blue

  3. i remember seeing a yellow w yak from arizona on this blog

  4. Bob,
    I just epoxied a Humminbird transducer to the inside of my 500. I used a 2 part epoxy called ‘PC7’ that I bought at Home Depot. Worked great! Just smear it all over the bottom of the transducer – being careful not to create any air bubbles between the transducer and the hull. You should still be able to remove it with a paint scraper after it sets up.
    Good luck with the yak!
    John

  5. Yes this is indeed the W300. Thanks for all the encouraging and informative input. I did go forward with the plumbers putty for my transducer. There should be pictures soon added to my review.

  6. A fine looking set-up Bob. You should be able to really catch them with that Rig.
    Ken S.

Leave a Reply